[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: A possible suggestion (wrt "Take me off the list")

> > "Take me off the list" messages that we've all been getting in the past
> > few weeks.

It seems strange to me, that for a list about a relatively technical
topic, subscribers are unable or unwilling to issue the appropriate
mail commands to the majordomo software that operates the list to
be removed automatically, without disturbing the rest of the list
subscribers ...

> Welcome to the www-security mailing list!
>
> If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list,
> send the following command in email to
> "www-security-request@ns2.rutgers.edu":
>
>     unsubscribe
>
> Or you can send mail to "Majordomo@ns2.rutgers.edu" with the following command
> in the body of your email message:

While such automated mechanisms have their problems when email
addresses get differently munged over time, it seems hard to believe
that this is as common an excuse as would be needed to explain the
recent rash of "take me off" messages.

david
---
David A. Clunie (dclunie@flash.us.com)

at home:                 http://www.rahul.net/dclunie/html/
alt.image.medical FAQ:   http://www.rahul.net/dclunie/medical-image-faq/html/
dicom3tools:              ftp://ftp.rahul.net/pub/dclunie/dicom3tools/